SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Intresting 4" Reflector on Pre-loved

Ianladd

Hi All,

I spotted this on Pre-loved.. Looks like an interesting scope with a cool old wooden stand for a bargain £25.. Any of you recognise the model/type? It looks like an early version of a Truss Dobsonian/Reflector but with the primary mirror extending out from the back.. What do you think?

Preloved | telescope - 4 inch reflector for sale in Woking, Surrey, UK

Edit: I'd probably have gone and bought it if I hadn't just ordered some 10x50 Binoculars :glasses1:

I had one of those as my first proper telescope back in around 1972! My Father found it second hand somewhere and brought it back for me from a business trip.

It did not come with any instructions and it took some time for us to work out you had to extend the lower cage section to get focus. It was good enough for me to get some great views of the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn and pass 'O' level Astronomy.

Almost 40 years later and having owned numerous telescopes I still remember the excitement of that first night with the 41/2 " Reflector and seeing Saturn's rings!!

Linton

I had one of those as my first proper telescope back in around 1972! My Father found it second hand somewhere and brought it back for me from a business trip.

It did not come with any instructions and it took some time for us to work out you had to extend the lower cage section to get focus. It was good enough for me to get some great views of the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn and pass 'O' level Astronomy.

Almost 40 years later and having owned numerous telescopes I still remember the excitement of that first night with the 41/2 " Reflector and seeing Saturn's rings!!

Linton

I should have bought it shouldn't I?

Archived