Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy great hobby

metz

my main hobby has been metal detecting for the last 20 years however about 8 months ago my mate bort a dob on a whim he didnt know nor i about collmimation ?? never heard of it however that nite i went round to have a look thru it only at the moon ...i was hooked bingo , see we take that moon for granted until you actually have a good look at it with a scope eveything changes, sadly my mate sold the dob , and im on my second refractor lol the only thing that frigs me off is that i didnt get into this hobby sooner , sure theres many constriants to the hobby british weather being one of them ,but for some reason it draws ya in ....did you all know since the bbc 2 programme sales of telescopes and interest in astronomy has soared , im a newbie at this folks and newbies must put threads of questions you diehards have seen time and time again , but you still help answering the same old questions ...hats off to you all for that ive never come across a forum for that sort of help anyway thats enuff of blowing smoke blah blah lol thanks :)

My best find ever has to be one gallo -belgic gold stater 2nd BC , METAL DETECTOR....used that day was the ...Minelab 70 xtera , never found another and i doubht very much i will again but what a moment :);) some people can go a whole lifetime not finding one.

My best find ever has to be one gallo -belgic gold stater 2nd BC , METAL DETECTOR....used that day was the ...Minelab 70 xtera , never found another and i doubht very much i will again but what a moment ;):) some people can go a whole lifetime not finding one.

Forgive my total ignorance on all things metal detector-ish, but what is a gallo-belgic gold wotsit when it's at home? :)

Archived