SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

More Megrez 90 Pics, as it's cloudy.... again

John

I'd rather be looking though it than at it, but here's a few more piccies of that nice WO workmanship:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thats a Tele Vue 32mm Plossl in the diagonal for scale.

Now if only the clouds would b****r off ....

John :D

It really is a thing of beauty mate, the sort of thing you could leave set up in the house just to look at.

Thats just what I did mate, all though the Xmas period - the kids wanted to decorate it with tinsel and baubles as it was in the corner of the dining room ... but changed their minds when I threatened to drop the PS2 in the pond :D:p :p

John

Is that an AZ3 it's on John?

Yes it's an AZ-3 and it does the job pretty well. TBH I ploughed virtually all my available £'s into the scope so I didn't have much left to get a new mount for it :D - if I had the cash I'd go for an Ambermille Aztech on a tall wooden tripod.

The WO Megrez OTA is nice and compact and weighs around 8lbs with the diagonal and an eyepiece so it's OK on the AZ-3 for the visual stuff that I like to do.

John

Hey John, I bought a ED80 Apo a while back, and like you all I've been able to do is LOOK AT IT..

But us astronomers are renowned for our patience are we not.

Barkis. :D

You'll love the ED80 when you get a chance to look through it - they are great scopes and true apo's despite the low price tag.

John

Archived