Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Lunar image throught SW150PL

Sierra Golf Mike

As the title says. Not as sharp as I would have liked but no live view on my Canon 30D. Reasonably happy though, I feel like I am getting there slowly. ISO 100 and 1/250s exposure. I think this is called Prime Focus, is there any way of obtaining a sharper image? Always open to advice.

Cheers

post-18922-13387753073_thumb.jpg

That is exellent for a one-shot DSLR picture. You are dependent on the atmosphere for clarity and without stacking several shots you are about as good as you can get (unless very lucky and you snap at the precise moment of perfect seeing!!). You can take 20-30 DSLR shots and stack them, it does make a difference.

Good focus, which can be hard depending on how much you can zoom in on the image when you adjust the focus. As mentioned the atmospheric boiling won't help you and so maybe get a number of shots with slightly different focus and compare.

Good luck

PEterW

Archived