free imaging software and webcam advice?

hi, i have been taking some pics with my (very) basic digital camera, it doesnt have the option of keeping the shutter open so i have to make do with whatever comes out!

i have taken some very satisfactory lunar images and just recently a LOAD of pics of saturn - of the 100 or so only 2 or 3 decent ones but i can only tweak contrast etc on windows viewer.

does anyone know of a decent (and free!) imaging software i could use that might help bring these pictures to life??

unfortunately i blew my budget on the scope and mount and am now off work on long term sick with a shot back so cant afford to replace the camera, i have heard so much about a very reasonably priced webcam (maybe phillips) which is very good for imaging but is quite hard to get hold off - i know im being quite vague but does anyone know what im talking about and can anyone help?!

thanks

rich :(

Archived