SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Advice on wooden tripod please.

I am buying a WO Megrez 90 and a Tele-Optic Giro 3 mount with counterweight balance.

Could members recommend a good quality wooden tripod that would complement my "set up".

Would a Giro 3 mount "fit on" a WO wooden tripod without any "tinkering" (other than possibly the need for a "thread adapter") ?

Many thanks.:(

A Berlebach would be superb - not sure they have a UK distributor at the moment though ?

Yes, will be considering those. Can you recommend any particular model - would you advise I "go for" the tallest I can afford ?

I think Mr Cad were (? are) their dealers in the UK.

Thanks for your help.

Telescope Service are very well thought of in the UK and Europe. They speak English and have a good range here. Their advice will, I am sure, be reliable. I have a number of these tripods as regular visitors and do rather covet them!

Teleskop-Express: Astro-Shop + Fotografie + Naturbeobachtung

Olly

The Berlebach's are nice. Telescope House used to sell them, but they didn't have them on their website.

I think the Giros come in 2 sizes of base - 60mm diameter and 30mm (maybe) so if you go down this route make sure to match the tripod to the mount.

The Giro is great as well (mine is a Giro 2).

Hi, Thanks for the (informative) replies. I have emailed Berlebach and they have replied, confirming they no longer have a dealer in the UK and that orders can be made to them "direct" via their (comprehensive !) website. Yes, I am aware of the excellent reputation of Telescope Services.

This beauty (UNI 28) looks like it would very much "fit the (very expensive !!) bill" !

Tripod UNI 28 Astro + Tray + Steel Chain from Berlebach Tripods

Archived