Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Registax Memory

Hi

I realise this is a question more for Registax than it is for you guys but you haven't let me down yet so..............

I tried to add an AVI video to Registax last night and kept getting the error message "memory is full". The AVI is only 34mb and it has worked for me in the past so I can't understand what is wrong. However it does state at the bottom of the registax page that I'm viewing 1/2361542 frames! I'm guessing that's why it is "full" but have no idea what those "frames" are.

My typical AVI's consist of between 120 & 250 frames.

I did unistall and reinstall Registax last night but to no avail. Does anyone know what or where it's reading the extra frames full.

If not, can anyone recommend another free stacking software programme.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks guys. I've got virtualdub but it doesn't convert .mov (my camera records in .mov) so once I find a new converter I'll update you on my progress.

Just thinking outside the box, is the mov format one of these HD formats, that would explain the file size compared to the duration.

A .mov is normally QuickTime isn't it? You need to transcode it to a standard avi. The other option, and I'm sorry I can't recall it's name, there's a program that can split a movie intonit's component images, then you could stack those.

A .mov is normally QuickTime isn't it? You need to transcode it to a standard avi. The other option, and I'm sorry I can't recall it's name, there's a program that can split a movie intonit's component images, then you could stack those.

It is, but it also contains support for the H.264 compression, which I beleive is used with some HD cameras - could be wrong ?

Thanks for your comments. I'm still trying to find a decent .mov converter.

It's not used for HD particulary. I think mal c ana jgs got it right when they said it was a corrupt conversion. I have used it before using a good converter but my free trial was up so I took any which would convert .mov.

I will try VLC and get back to you all.

Thanks again, I can always count on this site for unbiased and unjudgemental help.

Archived