NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TV sale - suggestions for two 900mm scopes

Just stumbled over the televue 20% sale here in the UK.

Now I am mulling over a potential minimal Ethos line up, dangerous as it is :(

I have a 900mm f/4.5 newton on a alt az mount and will probably add a ~900mm 4" ~f/9 ed at some point. Any suggestions?

Not sure if 6 and 10mm or 8 and 13mm will make more sense. And the moon through the 3.7sx must be just mind blowing :)

Click on the Community tab at the top of the page then social groups and join the Televue appreciation society there is a thread on there 'what is your fav Televue ep' by far and away the 13mm Ethos is the ep of choice. For a three Ethos set 21, 13 and 8 would be great with a x2 Powermate, well 20% off does not come round very often.

anyone give me some advice

i have a baader hyperion 5mm eyepiece and i would like to replace the stock plossl that came with my scope they are 10mm and 17mm the televue sale seems very tempting

which 2 televue plossl do people think would be good to get ?

i also have a celestron ultima barlow

scope is a f/5 newt

I use the 13, 8 and 6 mm Ethe in my 900mm FL 6" mak-newtonian and they are superb. Using the Antares 1.6x 2" barlow I also get 5mm and 3.75mm 100 degree FoV EP's which seem to perform as well as the unbarlowed Ethe :(

Given the above even, with the big discount, I can't justify a 3.7mm SX and I could not justify spending over £550 on the 21mm to replace my 20mm T5 Nagler (darn sharp EP in it's own right). And I'm certainly not letting the 31mm Nagler go :)

Archived