Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First steps - things in Orion and nearby

Ludd

I'm really only just starting with DSOs. I now have a little 70mm ED scope mounted on a Telepack on the counterweight shaft of a Vixen GP on which sits a C8. So quite a heavy set-up, but it seems to track well. No guiding yet, just rough polar alignment and subs of up to a minute with an unmodded Canon 1000D and a 2" skywatcher LP filter.

I'm stumbling through DSS and PS Elements but I am quite pleased to see some familiar shapes emerging from the gloom (and through central London LP before this eveing's clouds rolled in).

Here are M42 (natch), M45 (hint of nebula) and flame/horsehead. Very amateur compared to the high standards here, but I'm excited enough not to be ashamed of these shots.

post-21069-133877529148_thumb.jpg

post-21069-133877529156_thumb.jpg

post-21069-133877529164_thumb.jpg

Nothing wrong there!! Well done you should be proud of yourself for those images. As you are discovering it takes a lot of time and skill to get the superb images that you see on the forum - you will get there - just keep on that learning curve!!

Archived