Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My guiding graph from PHD

swag72

Perhaps my ongoing guiding and panicking saga is drawing to a conclusion. Last night I went through all the PA steps using PHD to check it and try to attain the minimum amount of drift. I was happy with the graphs and so decided to do some imaging.

I wanted to image M33 again, but this time without the CLS filter. So I set my remote and took 30 x 300s subs - Here is a copy of my guiding graph after 2.5 hours worth of guiding.

Anyone any comments?

swag72-albums-bits-pieces-picture8874-phd-guiding-graph.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Martin, should see it now, I moved it about in the albums!!

So, here's the awaited for image - A quick and dirty edit, please ignore the background 'issues'!! This is a full incropped image, I am looking in the bottom left and I feel that the stars are 'whooshing into the centre' - That's just for starters!!

post-18339-133877527811_thumb.jpg

The graph looks fine Sara....better than I often get with my AP1200!

What you're seeing on the image isn't field rotation, it's coma.

You need a field flattener with a DSLR sized sensor to deal with that.

Cheers

Rob

I've got a .85 reducer - Is that the same thing? I didn't use it last night as I wanted to use the full 900mm and that takes it down to 720mm.

That can only be the camera really that may not be square as it's not a screw in thread. I thought I had it square in though.

Archived