NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Might be selling up - help with value

I might be emigrating and so might be selling my whole kit...

EQ6 Pro, as new with refractor extension, handset etc, upgraded puck, only used a few times

WO Megrez 90 as new

2" Televue dielectric diagonal

3x 2" Hyperion eye pieces

2" 2x barlow

Telrad

WO rings and WO plate

WO ZS66 Zenithstar (some marks on optics, very light surface scratch) with WO foot

2" diagonal

Am sure there will be lots of little extras with the above setup.

I would prefer to sell the whole lot as a package, no idea of what this is worth on the open market so any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin. I think I'd check online for current new prices, add it all up,

and try to sell at about 75%. It's tough deciding a price, but for me,

if it's 80% or more, I'd buy new, at 55 - 60% you are selling yourself

short. Opinions from others may vary though.

Good luck, Ed.

Well the Hyperions normally sell for £60-70 each secondhand.

And the 2" 2x barlow, if it's the Skywatcher/Moonfish ED model, will fetch £30-40.

The Zenithstar 66 will depend on the model.....Peztval or SD or Triplet. And marks on the optics will obviously have some bearing too.

There was a TV 2" Dielectric diagonal on Buy'n'sell a few weeks ago and it sold near instantly for £130. So that price may have been on the conservative side.

The older it is, the less I'll pay, but for realtively recent gear then 75% of what it would cost me new is the limit of what I'll pay for second-hand stuff - any more than that and I won't bother. I see less than 65% as a bargain, unless it's a difficult to shift item, there are loads available or (for electronics) it's old and approaching obsolescence!

Archived