Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ive just bought a telescope!!!!!!!

Today i have just bought a telescope from FLO. i bought this one.

Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 im so happy and excited:D:hello2::p

anyway, i was wondering what else could i buy while i wait for this scope?

everyone tells me to buy "Turn left at Orion" but i think i dont need it becasue of all the astronomy apps i bought for my iphone 4. most of them tell me exactly where anything is with go to technology and also have alot of info on them.

this is my second ever telescope. i did buy a celestron 114mm telescope 5 years ago but i was 14 years old so didnt know much then. im hoping to expect alot more from this scope, due to the size and knoledge of this forumn and my phone apps.

i bought from FLO, spoke to this guy called steve. He sounds fantastic. ;)

TLAO isn't just about finding things. It's also about what you can see and when and there's some information about what might be the best way to observe any given object. There's also a section on how the co-ordinate systems work, some information about how telescope optics work and so on which is all handy stuff to know, so don't write it off immediately.

Personally I think it's also useful to be able to find objects without electronic assistance, if only so you can confirm that you're looking at what you think you ought to be looking at (and of course you need to be able to align the scope in the first place, and align the finder with the scope).

I'd recommend that the next thing you buy is really warm clothes. You can get very cold when you're sitting out in the dark for several hours at sub-zero temperatures.

James

Archived