Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are my eyepieces?

I've been using these eyepieces for around a week now, seen Jupiter, Saturn, Venus and other objects using them, but I still don't know what type they are, ie Plössl, Orthoscopic etc. I only know the third is a Barlow x2. I've included an image if it helps.

5402570586_9810443652.jpg

P.S The manufacturer's manual does a wonderful job of meandering around the question!

These are the ones typically supplied with Skywatcher scopes. The eyepieces are a 3 element modified achromat design. The 25mm is OK but the 10mm is not too great to be honest and often the 1st to be upgraded. The barlow lens is the normal achromatic type. Decent quality plossl or orthoscopic eyepieces would be an improvement on these, particularly the 10mm.

Hope that helps ;)

.... but the guy who decided to slap SUPER before everything....

Yep - SUPER is just like a go-faster stripe on a car ;)

Glad they are working well for you at the moment. If and when you feel like an upgrade there will be no shortage of suggestions I'm sure :p

Archived