NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC2237 Rosette Nebula

Sparrow

Only managed 70 minutes oif data before the cloud rolled in last night but thought I'd process what I managed to get so far.

14 x 5 Minutes at ISO800 (Unmodded Canon 1000D) throught the 66mm Astrotech

Processed in DSS, Adobe and Pixinsight.

post-14401-133877524023_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone - I managed to add another 1/2 hour of data to it last night despite my neighbour's bonfire so here's the new version. I've also been experimenting with star masks in the processing to try and retain some of the star colour - still need to master the technique but it's a start.

post-14401-133877525342_thumb.jpg

A little too much green, look at curves and try to drop the saturation. There is a free plug in available for PS to help remove green called Deep Sky Colours HLVG v1 (you may have to google as I can't remember the link)

Just needs a bit of colour balance

Cheers

Thanks for the comments - the green in the first posting is as a result of a gradient which I hadn't dealt with. I've corrected it in the 2nd image which is actually a bit red biased in the surrounding sky, so I've now corrected that as well.(result not yet posted).

Unfortuantely, all my images start off with a green in the bottom left to red in the top right gradient. Darks and flats do nothing to remove this so I'm not really sure what causes it other than LP. For that reason, the plug in referred to might just help so I'll give it a try. It might even make the process of correcting the gradient a bit easier.

Onward and upward as they say.;)

I think I'm finally getting there with this one.

Thanks for the advice and links to HLV Green - yes it works really well - my compliments to the author.

Anyway - here's my Rosette Mk3 - finally arriving at something a bit more pleasing.

post-14401-133877525886_thumb.jpg

Thanks Olly - I have tweaked it a little more but haven't posted it as it's not much improved on the final version

I'll put this one to bed now until I can get more data and find a solution to my gradient problems in the other forum.

Archived