Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200p vs 250px

Currently looking at the more affordable Dobs and the obvious being the Skyliner range. Does the 250px warrant the extra cash over the 200p?

Are there any other benefits apart from the additional aperture and the pyrex glass?

Thanks

Chris

Don't think so but the 56% more light that the 250 gathers won't do any harm at all :D

I figured that would be the case but how much of a difference will it make through the eye piece? Would it be worth over a third of the cost?

I bought a 250PX to replace my 200P but ended up selling the 250PX because i preferred using the 200P.

Three reasons for it:

I felt the 200P was the better planetary scope. That was with them both out side by side.

The 250PX was better for deepsky but under my light polluted sky the difference minimal.

Although the 250PX could be manhandled around in one piece, it was tiresome lifting it 100ft down the garden. The 200P was notably lighter and easier to manage.

That said, no i belong to a dark sky group and meet once a month under great skies. I would want the 250PX, not the 200P for my scope if given the choice.

Archived