Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Telescope

Hi all,

I currently have a Meade DS-2000 refracter which is quite good, but when you have got something in the scope as you try to adjust the focus the whole thing shakes and is very hard to keep the object in the sight, so I am thinking of upgrading to a better telescope. What telescopes do you recommend. What sizes do you recommend for a quality image and be able to see deep space objects.

any help is appreciated, Thanks

What sort of budget are you thinking of ?.

For a bit under £300 you can have an 8" dobsonian (which is a newtonian reflector on a simple mount). That will show lots of deep spece objects.

Give us some more details and we will make some suggestions - is portability important to you for example ?.

You can get GOTO dobs, but they are out of your budget. Dob are cheap because they have the simplest but very stable mount design, hence you can get better optics for the same amount of money.

You can get Dobs from FLO. I think they do Skywatcher's Skyliner, Flexitube, and Meade Lightbridge line.

Archived