Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

can anyone help me out , im playing around with my images on dss but when i finish the process they are tif files and huge , usually over 50mb so cant post the results , newbie on dss so prob making a few mistakes , also when stacking it only ever chooses 1 image to stck however similar the pics are

many thanks

Hi Amy,

I usually take the TIFF files into photoshop or similar for processing before saving as JPEG to post on here.

On stacking, you might find that the threshold is set at a position which doesn't show enough stars, and dss needs a minimum number of stars to stack. If you click on the 'Advanced' tab in 'Register checked pictures' you'll see 'star detection threshold' . The lower the percentage the more stars it'll find, so just experiment until you get about 50. That will hopefully get your frames stacked!

Helen

hi amy, dss cane be hard. try this tutorial it is good, but remember at the end to save file as a 16bit tiff. it saves as 32bit, and thats too big My Quick DeepSkyStacker Tutorial Flintstone Stargazing change to jpeg in photoshop, resize, you can doo that easaly in microsoft picture manager.

hope this helps, keep going, its worth it,

cheers steve

Archived