Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First NGC896 (Ha)

Uranium235

This is my first try on this one, guiding has been difficult to say the least but tonight revealed one thing I need to look at soon - the RA motor on the mount needs looking at. Theres a bit of give when the clutch is engaged, and PHD hardly ever calibrates in S anymore. To be honest, it sounds a bit sqeaky too so its time for a tune up.

Anyway, here it is NGC896 - taken under a full moon, so it probably shows a little despite using the Ha filter.

ED80, Atik 314L+

9x600

No calibration

Setpoint -15

Thanks for looking :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=49257&stc=1&d=1295482220

post-18171-133877520041_thumb.jpg

cheers man, Im still out at the moment chipping away at the rosette. I usually have an easier time on the guiding in that part of the sky, so the subs coming off the camera are pretty good so far (shhh.... dont jinx it!).

If it wasnt for the moon it would be a cracking night for imaging, probably the clearest its been in months.

cheers man, Im still out at the moment chipping away at the rosette. I usually have an easier time on the guiding in that part of the sky, so the subs coming off the camera are pretty good so far (shhh.... dont jinx it!).

If it wasnt for the moon it would be a cracking night for imaging, probably the clearest its been in months.

good luck, the Rosette is a cracking target for Ha at all focal lengths.

Looking forward to the final images.

Cloud dodging here, I'm in and out like a fiddlers elbow at the moment. 50% of the subs are in the bin, but there is sod all on the telly LOL

Cloud dodging here, I'm in and out like a fiddlers elbow at the moment. 50% of the subs are in the bin, but there is sod all on the telly LOL

Nights like that I ditch and hit the sack due to work :)

They will always be there tomorrow and next year :)

Looks superb... considering the issues you manage to pull off some nice round stars :D

Cheers man, I guess the next step will be to try and put some colour into it. Though im not sure which way to go (RGB or OIII), whatever I try though im going to resist the temptation to bin it this time.

I did finally get round to tightening up the gear mesh yesterday, only about 1/3 turn though - just enough to take the slop out of the axis when the clutch is engaged.... I have a funny feeling that my dec problems may be in fact have been caused by a sloppy RA axis. Need to test it first though, so just waiting for clear sky.

Cheers man, I guess the next step will be to try and put some colour into it. Though im not sure which way to go (RGB or OIII), whatever I try though im going to resist the temptation to bin it this time.

I did finally get round to tightening up the gear mesh yesterday, only about 1/3 turn though - just enough to take the slop out of the axis when the clutch is engaged.... I have a funny feeling that my dec problems may be in fact have been caused by a sloppy RA axis. Need to test it first though, so just waiting for clear sky.

I wouldn't bin any image apart from maybe a small galaxy.. :)

Do it in narrowband :)

Archived