Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Taunting me...

So, with no scope yet purchased and the next local astro club meeting not until tomorrow... tonight is going to be the stillest, clearest night of the year so far!!!

I'm sitting here now looking at a very clear nearly full moon rising... in a totally cloudless sky over Suffolk.

DAMN IT!!!!!!

:-)

Ben

(realising why you all moan about the evil weather gods so much)

So, with no scope yet purchased and the next local astro club meeting not until tomorrow... tonight is going to be the stillest, clearest night of the year so far!!!

I'm sitting here now looking at a very clear nearly full moon rising... in a totally cloudless sky over Suffolk.

DAMN IT!!!!!!

:-)

Ben

(realising why you all moan about the evil weather gods so much)

Hi Ben, have got a set of bins? If not they really worth having, my 10x50 Bresers were the best £25 I have spent on my kit. :)

Alan

I'm in the same boat, I had planned to buy my scope last Friday with my bonus but work suddenly decided to put it back two weeks, the wait is killing me as I have been researching for the last three months to be sure I was making the right decision... This will be the longest two weeks of my life!!!

To make things worse, I planned my purchases around bonus pay day so I'm sitting here with a aluminium case full of Baader Hyperion 68deg Eyepieces, a Lens Shield, AC Power Adaptor for a scope I don't own yet!!!

It gets worse, once I get to the 28th I'll ring FLO to order my scope (C925) only to be told by Martin yesterday that might not be available straight away

Clearly I have super offended the astronomy gods!!!!

Just been out in the garden with my new Revelation 15x70s. Just came today.

So far so good. Moon looked real nice. Managed to find Jupiter in a still mid blue sky and could see one moon. Will be out later when properly dark to really try them out.

Hi Ben,

I don't know how well you know the sky but if you need to get your bearings before your scope arrives you could use the few clear nights that come along to get clued up.

To help with this I heartily recommend Stellarium. It's a free download you can get here :-Stellarium

Enjoy .

Alan.

Archived