Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any Advice please guys???

MoonMadAsh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first thing >

SLOW DOWN :)

have you had a look through a telescope yet?

you wont see images like the ones you saw on the program, there is very little if any colour when looking through with your eyes, all the colour comes from long exposure times on a cam.

are there any astro societies around where you are ??

Advanced Series GOTO - Celestron C11-S GT XLT GOTO

will this come with everything i need to get started nicnac ?

Great scope and pretty huge ! (ie; needs an observatory !).

Why not phone the guys at First Light Optics and have a chat to them ? - they are very helpful with no "hard sell".

You will need a lot more than £200 for eyepieces / accessories etc - personally I'd be thinking of spending half my budget on a scope then, gradually, adding the accessories I really need with the other half.

I'd forget about astro-photography for now and concentrate on getting a scope, really leaning how to use it, and then read, read, read about photography / imaging - it's (literally) a whole different world from the observational side of the hobby.

Why not get something to "test the water" with ? - you can get lovely views of the moon and planets with a £300 scope - if the bug bites then you have lots of £'s in hand to expand your equipment to suit your developing interest.

Ash, if i were in your shoes (and i was) i would go for a 6 to 8" scope and a few good eyepeices to go with it, if you get hooked (most likely) then i would consider the spend if you have to.

i got a 6" flec on EQ and have not looked back, although i did have to get something smaller to use as a grab n go jobbie

i really wouldnt want to spend nearly 2k on my first scope, my current (and first) scope was £39 and ive been blown away by what ive seen and ive still got plenty more to see with it too.

if i were you id get something like a skywatcher explorer 130, seems like a perfect starter scope especially if its endorsed by sir patrick moore!

i could be giving poor advice though, im just a newb myself!

Archived