NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stargazing Live about to start (8pm)

Leegsi

Yes, and another when the guy was pointing out constellations to JR.

Also, just realised why they have the presenter in Hawaii, apart from all of the huge telescopes ontop of the volcano, it's a second chance at the eclipse should it have been cloudy here!!!!

Yes, and another when the guy was pointing out constellations to JR.

Also, just realised why they have the presenter in Hawaii, apart from all of the huge telescopes ontop of the volcano, it's a second chance at the eclipse should it have been cloudy here!!!!

Good theory... unfortunately wasn't visible in Hawaii...

Solar eclipse of January 4, 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did like the Link from Brian Cox when he managed to get the "Liz's holiday" quip in....

On the whole more enjoyable tonight...

I have just watched the show tonight. I will say that is a very good way of presenting basic astronomical ideas to a wide audience. I think that the quick lesson on how to use a planisphere was brilliant.

And tonight, I have been amazed by the quadrantid they inadvertedly captured, and how quickly they realize that!. I saw something, but tought that it was a plane! And this is another good thing to show to a would to be amateur astronomer what to expect.

I will say that next year edition will be even better.

On the negative side, I couldn't see any reference to Sky at Night, that I think should be the logical next show to watch if your imagination was captured by stargazing live. Perhaps I miss it.

This episode was definately more interesting, more structured and more appropriate- bearing in mind they are trying to get new people interested in a subject which can be extremely scientifically bewildering. The section with Jonathon Ross was constructive, though I do think he was pretending to not have a clue (yes I know what you're thinking...!)- when really if as he said 'he has loads of astronomy books and three telescopes' he MUST know what The Plough looks like......surely!!!:eek:

Archived