NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

B33 Horse Head Nebulae

Darth Takahashi

Well it finally happened after a 3 year wait.

2008 / 2009 I only managed to image B33 for one or two night with a DSLR and the results were less than impressive, therefore, I never posted the image.

2009 / 2010 was a complete wash out for me weather wize and I never managed to image Orion at all.

2010 / 2011 The first two nights of 2011 were clear with broken clouds, the second night was the best and completely clear from around 23:00, unfortunately work in the morning meant that I had to stop imaging at around 24:00, therefore I currently only have 45 mins in H Alpha.

I'm now looking forward to adding more data and colour to the image.

Still I'm very happy to have finally bagged this image so I hope that you like it too.

post-15658-133877514607_thumb.jpg

Nice capture mate, nice to see the stars are not bloated and the image is not over saturated :eek: I'd be well chuffed with that, it's going to be awsome in colour!

My first RGB images should be on the way very soon skies permitting! and by SGL6 I should be a dab hand at it (Fingers crossed) Will your good self and the family be attending SGL6 Neil?

Take care fella,

Matt.

Nice capture mate, nice to see the stars are not bloated and the image is not over saturated :eek:

Nice to see that your picking up the terminology... Can't wait to see your first efforts with a ccd camera. must be a huge step up from a NIKON.

I'll definitely be at SGL6 work commitments permitting of course.

Might need to bring a heater for Andy.

Archived