NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another M42...

dlp

Haven't posted an image for ages (who has in this weather!), so thought I'd post this, my first effort with my modded 1000D from 9 Dec. Not special, but it is only 5 images, 20s ISO800, darks/bias no flats/no LP filter, processed in PI. Only just got the hang of processing Canon raw files - had missed out the debayering routine previously and ended up with some very strange images that disheartend me somewhat!

Apologies for the strange crop - it was quite a 'grab' shot before it disappeared behind a garden tree and I didn't frame it too well in the viewfinder.

David

post-21430-133877512585_thumb.jpg

Agreed...how the hell you managed to keep that natural colours i don't know?! lol

I have been playing with my M42 data all night tonight to try and get those colours but mine always ends up either a strong red or purple?

I also have slightly more data than you, 15 x 60sec's. Perhaps it's my CLS clip filter? or more probably my lack of processing skills!

Anyway, great pic for such short exposures!

Well Done! :)

Michael

Archived