Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from an older newbie

despot67

Hi and welcome to the forum. This time of year is really great for going along to public observing nights that many astro societies put on. These will provide you with the opportunity to have a look through some kit to help provide you with some idea as to what you might expect and at what price. You also get to witness the size and therefore the logistics that are involved in the setting up etc.

Clear skies in the meantime!

James

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to SGL, I would take a look at the Skywatcher range. If you click on the First Light Optics logo at the top of the page you should see a reasonable range.

Regards

Kevin

Cheers Kevin

Im quite shocked at just how cheap they are? as I wanted to spend upto about £300 if possible on my next scope. As I mentioned I am a very keen photographer and love the idea of taking astro pics. I have a office/shed with full electrics and heated at the bottom of my garden to store the scope in and we dont get that much light pollution on my edge of Stoke on Trent. Also I have a HUGE 4x4 which I can quite easily travel into the peak district to do some good sky watching.

Thanks for all of the advice so far and the warm welcome. I remember sitting in the graden some years back and watching hale Bop I think it was? also probably spelt it wrong Oops. Used my 20x50 binoculars for this - splendid sight and can't wait to get a scope and see the planets - very exciting me thinks.:)

Archived