Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What astro magazines do we all read

AndyMac

What astro magazines do we all read?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What astro magazines do we all read?

• Sky & Telescope
    • Astronomy Now
    • Astronomy (USA)
    • Sky at Night
    • Amateur Astronomy
    • Popular Astronomy
    • Other (please state in post)

Well I've voted for the recently started Sky at Night. Good to see articles by Patrick Moore again & it contains a wealth of information for the amateur with something for everyone.

I've long become disillusioned with Astronomy Now. Not enough reviews etc. Indeed one month recently I binned my subscribed copy without even opening the pack!

Anyway, my vote goes for the Sky at Night. :thumbright:

Good poll Andy.

Chance for some Astronomy Now bashing. Made the mistake of buying it yesterday because WHS didn't have the latest copy of Sky at Night. Total garbage is all i can say. There's very little in it. The new Sky at Night mag is how it should be done. Lets hope they can keep up the high standard.

Russ

Nice one Andy with the Poll,

Sky at Night Mag get's my vote any day it's what a Astronomy magazine is supposed to be like ASTRONOMY and not 200 pages of advert's unlike sky and telescope and the rest....

The addition of the Cd is a huge bonus esp to those without internet access, still very usefull to us netters(or should that be nutters?)....

James :)

Just been out got the latest issue! and it's a Cracker full of info again and what they have done with the ADVERTS is place them at the back of the magazine which i find much much better than the normal(get lost in a sea of adverts syndrome).

Nice 12" dob review too(revelation)

James

PS:Sky@Night send cheque to ............... lol

I don't read any at the moment, i used to get astronomy now, got about 13 years worth stacked up in the corner, but as you all seem to rate the sky@night i think i'll give that one a try,

PS any one want 13 years of astronomy now mags ? :roll:

Archived