Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A lovely cloud of gas and dust NGC 1893

madjohn

Hi folks,

I was poking around my planetarium programe, looking for an interesting target to image when this object appeared on the screen.:)

Not being sure of how bright or easy it is, I quickly shot 4 X 10 min subs at ISO 800 through my Stellarvue 102 ABV and modded 450D and went to bed, this was last week.

I finally had a chance to process it this morning and here's the result, I really need a lot more data to get a smoother image and I'll do this next time I'm imaging, but what a great target!!:)

Anybody else photographed NGC 1893 lately? do it now, its got some wonderful structure and colour!

John

post-15189-133877511017_thumb.jpg

Hiya John

It's really nice to see a "different" target - congratulations on a nice image. I'm looking forward to seeing more data added to that.

I've got a new 200p with a modded EOS1000d that I've been wanting to test out - I think you've provided me with a very nice target.

Cheers

Steve

NGC 1893 is the cluster in the middle, the nebula is IC 410. If you look at the bottom left of the nebula you can see the 'tadpoles' that most people go for in this object.

That's not a bad stab at it all for only 40 mins, I think you'd need a few more subs to get the best out of it though :).

Tony..

Thanks Whippy for enlightening me on this object, will definetly go for the tadpoles you mentioned next time I'm out.:)

Steve, sounds like you've got a great imaging rig there and I for one would be very interested in your efforts at this target, and look out for the tadpoles whippy mentioned!

Archived