Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GOTCHA !!

Ian123

Cloud was terrible again but it gave me some break's and that gave me some hope. Scanning the sky with my bino's i knew it was up there somewhere then wait.....what's that, a disk, not a star, quick double check...definately a disk. Straight to my finder scope, locked on...could it be....raised my eye to the EP.....GOTCHA. Finally bagged Saturn, what a sight, never thought the cloud's would let me in but got it, 12mm EP plus Barlowx2, went through FOV in about 10 second's but quick rewind and again and again. Kinda sandy coloured and discs clearly visible with my stock EP's (not the best) but wont forget the sight. Was gonna stay up to see if i could get Venus as well but cloud's rolled in all over and no chance, another time for that one i think.

I thought Jupiter was good, but I think there was more of a wow factor when I saw Saturn for the first time recently. Observed it for about an hour and a half until it was daylight and the wife finally got up for work so I could show her.

Archived