Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

150mm reflector

I was toying with getting rid of the mak and getting a "flec" but i have never got on with them, years back i gave away my then oo europa 150!

now i have the omc working very sweetly im sticking with what i have, the tal for obs and the mak for imaging, for the time being:)

BOOOO!! Get a flecky :):D:D

I agree with you regards reflectors. I think the views they give are great but the focuser ends up in some stupid places and the constant flexing of the tube means stars are pin sharp one side of the sky and not the other. Less of a problem with a dob but then there's the whole nudging thing with them unless you got buckets of cash.

The best scopes are sct/MAK's but they have such long focal lengths I find that the image is tight and gets dull quick with magnification.

BOOOO!! Get a flecky :):D:D

The best scopes are sct/MAK's but they have such long focal lengths I find that the image is tight and gets dull quick with magnification.

I find the image in the omc is superb, they are just a bit fussy to seeing conditions, had mine at x317 on lunar last week and spot on. the long focal length is great for planet and lunar ccd work;)

Archived