Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

H-Alpha shots with Lunt LS100THa

Pablito

Hi,

I had quite long break but I am back with new equipment. New scope (LS100THa), new mount (HEQ-5) and new camera (PTGrey Chameleon).

Conditions for Sun observing and imaging are poor but I can see huge difference in comparison to my previous solar scope - LS60Tha DS50.

In short: LS100THa scope is solid and heavy. Feather Touch focuser works great, Lunt gives it in standard. Pressure Tuner is a big improvement in comparison to tilting system.

I am delighted! Pics will tell more than words.

My first attempts with 100-150 frames per photo only. I usually used 1500-3000 frames with my previous setup so I expect much better pics in a future :)

post-17271-133877509778_thumb.jpg

post-17271-133877509786_thumb.jpg

post-17271-133877509792_thumb.jpg

post-17271-133877509797_thumb.jpg

post-17271-133877509805_thumb.jpg

Hi!

Thank you for good words :)

There is no proper weather for imaging. Clouds or mist only...

Hopefully days are getting longer :p

Sheri_barri, double stacked 60mm is still very nice. It gave me lot of fun. I wait for pricing Lunt's internal double stack units. But I am afraid of 100mm DS, my heart is strong but I'm not sure if enough to survive the first look through it :hello2:

• 2 weeks later...

Very Nice Pablito.

I was planning on buying an LS100Tha, I even put my bigh 12"Meade Lx200R and bits up for sale to fund it, but I could not sell. I guess people dont think of Astronomy when half the country is under flood and there are only 1 or two clear nights in months. I will see what happens next year hehe.

So keep the pictures comming, It looks wonderful.

BY the way what Camera did you use for the BIG image?

Bill, the scope is wonderful! Even in high magnifications it works great. There is a guy from France at CN forum who has LS100 with BF3400 and uses Ethos 3,7mm. He said he has full disc at 180x :)

It needs good weather conditions at high power but I used 5,5mm ep and it was still nice and bright.

My aim is to get internal double stack unit (if it will be available...). I can't even imagine the views :D

I use Point Grey Research Chameleon B/W camera for imaging. It has 1280x960 resolution but with 15 fps only. It is not speed deamon but performs well :o

Archived