NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M38, NGC1907 and Mr Smiley

jgs001

Adding something to my little Auriga project... I've no clue how I'm gonna put this one together yet.. but that's for another day anyway. I'd hoped to get more than one cluster done, but no such luck. The clouds moved in... Last night I had icing issues, tonight the dew was playing up, along with the clouds moving in... *sigh*

19x5 minutes @ ISO800

Canon 450d on Celeston 80ED

Mounted on Guided HEQ5

Guided with PHD, QHY5v, Konus Vista 80s

m38-auriga-19x5iso800.jpg

I can't remember what IC designation the red blob on the right, and just below the grin has.

Edit: Looks like it's IC417

Thanks...

Lewis, M38 is upper left... down and right a little is NGC1907. Directly above 1907 is one eye, A bright orangey star. Look for the red neb lower right, directly above is another bright orangey star, trace a curving line form there up to M38 through the bright stars, you have the mouth. About the same point in from the upper right as the red neb is from the lower left, is another bright star, the other eye. I've got an older image of this area done with my ST80 somewhere... I annotated The Smiley Face on it... let me know if you want me to post it and I'll find it.

I've got an older image of this area done with my ST80 somewhere... I annotated The Smiley Face on it... let me know if you want me to post it and I'll find it.

I think that was for my benefit John- i just couldnt see it till you pointed it all out!!

Stephen

Archived