Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Low cost dielectric diagonal ?

John

Has anyone tried one of these ?:

Kson Quartz Dielectrics Diagonal 2" on eBay (end time 19-Dec-10 14:38:23 GMT)

It looks identical to the ones offered by Knight Owl Optics in the USA - I'm guessing it's a GSO or similar ?.

The alternative seems to be to splash out a further £20 on the Revelation from Telescope House but I'm never convinced that spending more than you need to on diagonals is really worthwhile :)

I bought the rev one from Harrisons for £80 with free delivery.

I saw the ebay one you're showing but couldn't find any info.

The £15 extra was worth it for more piece of mind.

Might have missed an opportunity though lol

Thanks for the heads up on Harrisons - that narrows the gap a bit :)

Unless someone has actually bought, used and is happy with one of the Kson ones I'm inclined spend a few extra £'s on a Revelation I think - I don't feel like being a "guinea pig" at the moment !.

SnS are doing the Rev 2" Dielectric push fit for £77 delivered, just to close the gap a bit more.

Thanks Russ and others for the feedback :)

I'm going to go Revelation so it's just a matter of when and from who. The last few things I've bought from SnS (Astroboot items) were handled efficiently enough but I don't want them to fall back into their "old ways" with a more expensive order.

I got something from the AB section quickly (just before it closed) and a mate bought a spotting scope from the bargain section and got that quickly too (even considering it was the UK snowed-out week.

It's £78 btw :)

Harrison were quick also.

If you're worried ask Harrison if they'll knock the £2 off to match.

I got something from the AB section quickly (just before it closed) and a mate bought a spotting scope from the bargain section and got that quickly too (even considering it was the UK snowed-out week.

It's £78 btw :)

Harrison were quick also.

If you're worried ask Harrison if they'll knock the £2 off to match.

Harrison will price match no problem. They did for me earlier in the year for a right angle finder.

Archived