Which Guide Camera?

ashworthacca

I had problems with my USB hub....OK unpowered on the desk to connect a local printer etc....but as soon as I started to use it at the scope ( at the end of a 5mtr USB cable) it started to play up.

Answer: Use a 12V to 5V DC transformer to power it from a battery; mark all the ports with the camera name and always use the same port for the same camera...problem solved. Been using it for over a year now never missed a beat.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully I'll let you know very soon:D I'm sure someone will confirm that no extension tube will be needed.

Just been reading up and it looks like the QHY5 will need a 50mm extension to focus with the ST80. Hopefully clear skies will let me have a play to confirm sooner rather than later.:D

EDIT: Anyone got a link to an extension tube that will work with the QHY5? I can't seem to find one......:)

IF I use a QHY5 as a guide Camer on my ST80 will i need an extension tube or will I be able to get focus as is ?

Regards

John B

I had to remove the diagonal and then fit a barlow tube without the lens to give me about 10-15mm extension. The camera then focusses with the rack extended most of the way out

Archived