Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The next step, 1st RGB but no L yet

philj

Since getting the Atik 314L (when weather has allowed) Ive have been mostly doing Ha to get used to the camera, now Im taking the 1st steps in colour with it. Done a few RGBs before but nothing presentable has come about.

I was hoping to add an hours worth of Ha as Luminence channel but somethings gone wrong with that so heres the RGB only for the moment

M27

35 minutes on each channel no binning, through the Meade 127 Triplet using the Atik at about -12 deg C actual.

Philj

post-14930-133877507339_thumb.jpg

using the Ha as a luminance isnt really the best way to do it, the rgb data will colour in areas that doesnt show in the ha...blotchy colour around the stars being one example. there are better ways to combined the Ha data, one way is to add all your colour channels including the ha anduse that as luminance and adding both ha and the red and use that as your red channel....this is just one way!

all that said there is nothing wrong with just plain old RGB a i use this with a lot of my shots

that is a real nice rgb image :D

Archived