Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Morning Planets - 28 Nov

brianb

Saturn and Venus are now appearing in the morning sky. I had to image them with my FLT 110 as I am unable to use my CPC 1100 at the moment due to a wrist injury (I can't lift the thing!) Seeing was bad to awful anyway so I only attempted to image in red light.

Saturn, diam 16.3", alt 25 deg:

Saturn-101128-0642-R-FLTX25.jpg

0642 UT. WO FLT 110, 2.5x Powermate, W29 (deep red) filter, DMK21 camera. Image resized 150%.

Gives a reasonable impression of the greater tilt of the rings - the Cassini Division is reasonably well resolved even at his image scale.

Venus, diam 44.3", phase 0.211, alt 12 deg:

Venus-101128-0627-R-FLTX4.jpg

0627 UT. WO FLT 110, 4x Imagemate, W29 (deep red) filter, DMK21 camera. Natural size.

Transparency moderate to good. Seeing bad to awful with rapid large amplitude boiling & continuous distortion. Temperature -6C, wind calm with occasional gusts SE force 1-2, baro 1007 now steady.

Not bad images Brian considering the seeing... Usually in early hours seeing is better, but it's so cold that I would imagine that a lot of people had their heating on earlier which would affect seeing.

Seeing here last night was dire as well.

Cheers

Ant

Archived