Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spc 880 flashed to spc900 colour raw mode?

I have two 880 cameras, one flashed already by Morgans and the other is as standard. I followed a link "spc uncovered" and a further link to astrobond ( astrobond.ebrawe ) where there is fair bit of info on 3 different macros one of which if I read correctly - the Colour Raw mode - seems to give an increase in sensitivity. I wondered if anyone has tried this particular mod and if so was it worthwhile?

I did try this with my camera, but it certainly wasn't easy to use. When in raw mode it appears that there is still some kind of compression going on and since the data is no longer in colour mode the compression would mess up the image a bit. Debayering the image would give weird fringes where the compression was strong. Also the settings wouldn't stick well (eg it'd lose it's raw mode-ness).

Finally I had no love with changing settings via Win Vista/7 only XP.

OTOH there are some macros that can just increase image quality without putting it into raw mode and these definitely are worth using! I still had problems making them stick though.

I did try this with my camera, but it certainly wasn't easy to use. When in raw mode it appears that there is still some kind of compression going on and since the data is no longer in colour mode the compression would mess up the image a bit. Debayering the image would give weird fringes where the compression was strong. Also the settings wouldn't stick well (eg it'd lose it's raw mode-ness).

Finally I had no love with changing settings via Win Vista/7 only XP.

OTOH there are some macros that can just increase image quality without putting it into raw mode and these definitely are worth using! I still had problems making them stick though.

Thanks for that - I think that I will stick with plan A and just keep one as a back up. The other macros you mentioned sound like they might be worth a try though, do you have any links to them?

Archived