Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Absolutely Frustrated

rll1288

I spent the whole day going through Astro Baby's guide to polar alignment as my brain seems to have a problem with getting to grips with the problem (I will have to seek some one to one advice at a local meet).......;)

Finally I thought I'd get the gear out around 17.00 to cool down and then put all the theory into practice......:D

Ah, the Cloud Gods seem to have a problem with me and as soon as I stepped out the door at 18.30......Nothing, Niltch, Nader....cause the clouds are out and it looks like its here for a while....:(

Never a patient person this is frustrating........:)

Rll1288 where are you?

You cant' be Sirius where are you?

I'm with you R111288 on that one

I'm not over the Moon exactly!

When I didn't have a working scope their was clear skies, now I have a working scope ....

I am just outside London and have a great view (18 miles away) of Canary Wharf.....Thats on a clear day mind you.....

Got the gear in...ordered pizza for me and the wife and kids....couple of glasses of wine and....... Clouds gone and the skies clear.........:):crybaby2:

Ah well maybe tomorrow

Just on the border of Worcestershire and Warwickshire, small village. Can't understand why I've had clear sky all night and everyone around me has fog and clouds. Shame my new scope doen't arrive until next week, so haven't been able to take advantage of it. No doubt I'll be seeing the fog and clouds immediately after the delivery man arrives.

Just on the border of Worcestershire and Warwickshire, small village. Can't understand why I've had clear sky all night and everyone around me has fog and clouds.

Had just the same here. I work in central Birmingham where there was fog, but at home in Alvechurch the sky was clear. It's usually the reverse :)

Had just the same here. I work in central Birmingham where there was fog, but at home in Alvechurch the sky was clear. It's usually the reverse :)

It's a small world, I've not long moved from Alvechurch, we are now in Harvington. The skies were fantastic last night right up until midnight when I turned in, but got up this morning to a very grey damp sky. We've had bad fog almost every morning this week (apart from yesterday was glorious), but seems that now it's everywhere else it's gone from here.

I always found that Alvechurch had the opposite weather to everywhere else for some strange reason, almost like another country at times. I could leave work in Leamington where it was raining and arrive at Alvechurch in sunshine and vice-versa.

You should have a nice dark sky in Harvington. It's not too bad here, but there is the ever present sky glow from Birmingham and Redditch. I used to live in Birmingham and the light pollution became so bad that I gave up on astronomy for many years, so Alvechurch is dark sky in comparison.

Although at the moment, I'd be grateful just to have a clear night.

I've had the 'scope about a month and have only been able to use it once, and that was before it was properly collimated. Here's hoping for some clear, calm and frosty nights.

Adrian

You should have a nice dark sky in Harvington

The sky is fantastic here. It is very dark and we are fortunate to have 360 degree views of the sky from the garden. We have an added bonus of no street lights where we are, so perfect for viewing the heavens.

From memory Alvechurch is very good when you are viewing south, but obviously less so when viewing north because of the Birmingham lights. It's been a while since I had a beer down at the Red Lion.

After doing this for over 40 years now, the cloud situation has never changed.

Cloudy when I'm free, or there's something I want to see happening up there.

Clear when the Full Moon is out (Apart from this weekend, it seems) or I'm busy doing something else.

But when it does all comes together, it's the best hobby going by far.

Archived