Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

yellow/blue double near cassiopea?

I wonder if anyone due a clear night in their area - UK - would take a look near Cassiopea/Cepheus to clear up a query.

I was looking around the other night but alas my GOTO is kaput so relying on the rather imprecise setting circles. After checking the RA/DEC for the next object I needed a bit of back and forth in both to actually get it. Anyway, one I tried to get was NGC7789 at about 23h-57deg.

I came across what was effectively another Albireo type double - yellow and blue pair about same seperation, the yellow not as bright as Albireo. Definitely yellow and blue, all others around nice and white.

Looking at the circles they indicated 22h30-65deg.

In my Cambridge Atlas and a software prog I can't quite see what that might have been. You'd think that another obvious yellow/gold pair would be an "item" object to be seen like Albireo or Almach. Here's the ballpark.

1. at 22h06-62.2deg sep 20

2. at 22h05-64.3deg sep 8

3. at 22h30-58.3deg sep 41

This last is an "item", Delta Cep but no mention of its colours.

And I'm sure my circles are no more than +/-1deg out in DEC and within 1min in RA.

The sep for Albireo is 34arcsec so that might put Delta Cep a closer candidate. However I'm going on visual judgement and at that time of night Albireo had gone behind rooftop, so number 1. could be more it.

I'd appreciate someone having a look or who knows in fact.

• 3 months later...

Archived