Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I almost don't have to go outside anymore

Euan

Reading this will probably really wind-up the purists, but I find it quite hilarious how lazy I can be now :)

The automation of the Nano Obs is at such a point that tonight while getting a measly 30 mins on M31 before the cloud rolled in, I had to spend at least 30 seconds outside, I was in my slippers it was cold you know :p

I had to roll the roof back and take the covers off the scopes, hoping that the focus from last night was still ok (which it was, just). Then hit play on CCD Commander and it was away on it's own, plate solving, centering, auto-guiding, exposing and changing filters while I was busy watching TV.

I noticed the cloud coming in via Sat24, so will a quick check out of the window (cloud sensor still being built), at few clicks in CCDC and the scope was parked, positioning sensors checked, and the roof closed.

The only thing I'm lacking now is some way to take the covers off the scopes and auto-focus, and of course I'm working on both of them :D

Is there any point going outside at all?

:eek:

Next, you'll need to set up a website that charges for remote use of your observatory so that you can sit back and watch as some one else pays you for the privilege of observing for you. :)

Don't forget to have the essentials to hand - dressing gown, large comfy armchair, 42" tv, large brandy and a cigar. :)

Archived