Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sky watcher AZ goto mount.

astropete

hi all, info required. i am thinking of buying a sky watcher AZ goto mount for my 127mm skywatcher mac scope. are these mounts as good as they say, i.e. over x,000s of stored items at a press of a button? could any one please advise, as the mount is a tad expensive.

thank you

peter

You wont see thousands of objects Peter. Needs a bigger scope to take advantage of the object catalogue. The GOTO tripod is superior to the supatrak (i've been told). Unless in the future you get a auto track Dob (which you can use the GOTO handset with) i would doubt its worth the money.

As Stuart says plus it's a bit more than the "press of a button". I'd stick with the scope / mopunt you have and get a good guide to the skies to point you in the direction of interesting things.

If you think about it a lot of the objects in the data base have to be ones that are in the southern hemisphere. They sell the same scope and same software down there.

Since they have a bigger percentage of the milky way on view I would say that the majority are thing we cannot and never will have visible from the UK.

Many will be items that are catalogue lists that could need a professional scope to pick out, say >1 mtr.

Archived