NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone help with a 35mm camera.

Martin Whitaker

Anyone help with a 35mm camera, I have been lent a mint Praktica MTL 50 camera with a manual bulb setting, is there any way to operate the shutter button and hold it open without buying a remote lockable cable, if not are these cables universal fitting.

Also what film iso does anyone recommend, 400 has been suggested elsewhere and what do I need to mention to the developers if anything, I thought of Boots to develop the trial films.

Will be trying piggyback for a start.

Cheers.

400 may be quicker but the grain is bigger. I am guessing that it could well be too grainy. Equates to noise on a digital.

Try the 200 films or look for something slower. Yes, I know that it puts up the exposure time but it is a compromise.

Unless the mount is accurate then are you hoping for colour to be present, if so then check out the colour response of the different films. Probably have to be on-line asI guess most assistants have little idea of "film" and even less of colour balance ofthe films available. Could be fun asking, lets us know the responses you get.

If you drop it off at Boots, or anywhere, give them instructions to print whatever is there. I once had a good shot of a comet, they didn't print it because they assumed that it was something that had gone wrong as all that was present was this elongated smudge.

Archived