Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars Viewing Report 09/10/05

Jamie

Well i looked out at the sky last night and thought "hey it's looking quite good but i will leave it till later".

I waited till 1am before i looked again and everything looked great so i set up my kit.

In reality it wasn't so good as the atmospheric conditions were terrible so terrible that i had problems focusing on Mars

I have never experienced that before quite shocking really - i was running around checking all the optics then it hit me

that the seeing was good with the naked eye but with optical aids it was a totaly different story.

I took 9 AVI's trying this and trying that but to no avail so at 3.45am i gave up and went indoors.

I tried to process the AVI's today and as i suspected not very good (very hard to make out any detail)

So i will wait another few weeks for another opportunity such is the nature of this astronomy malarky.

This question is for everyone exept James- Was anyone else sober enough to do any viewing/imaging last night? :)

Hi Jamie,

Shame you had those conditions matey i know what it's like and i can say that out of the 10 or 12 times i have observed Mars the seeing was looking to be great until the Optical Aid was used bit of a bummer but hang on in there Jamie i am sure you will get a proper look soon enough.

James(Hic!) :)

Archived