Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starting out.

Martin Whitaker

I would apreciate any advise on starting imaging, should I go down the 35mm slr film route or digital slr.

I have done some research on both but not sure which way to go.

I have a powerful desk top comp but no laptop.

I have an older version of photo shop, not sure which one.

traditioa 35mm slr cameras such as the Olylmpus OM1 and the Nikon F2 do seem quite reasonably priced but I dont realy wish to develop my own film so any pointers would be welcome.

Hi Martin

I'd definately go the DSLR route - I've got a 1000d and am delighted with it. I'm sure that you'll find it a LOT easier to get good results by going digital than with film.

Be warned though - it's a financially slippery slope - you'll need a T adapter (if you're wanting to plug the camera into a telescope), LP filter, then there's guiding etc.

Looks like didgital up to now,

adamsp123, I presume you mean scope, as for that I have a Meade 10 inch schmidt newt and a new cpc800.

I do understand the meade with the GEM will be the one for long exposure photos as I do not yet have a wedge for the cpc

The 10" meade will need a big sturdy mount and if you can get it to work smoothly then it is a stonking light bucket at F4, you will need a coma corrector for it.

The Canon 1000D is an excellent budget choice IMO.

Archived