Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade DSI CCD help

garethmob

hey guys iv just picked up a old colour ccd cheaply and want to use it for simple photo's with my telescope. now my telescope isnt really the best for photographs but its all i got at present

its the ETX 70AT i do have a 80 X 900 but i dont have a mount for that as the old one decided to collaspe on its self :)

what software can i use with it i finding the meade software a little confusing really and as a mac user (i can boot into windows) but id rather not if i can help it

iv found the phd guiding and that works on the mac but really want just for imaging

thanks for any help at all

Gareth

Nebulosity works perfectly on a Mac with the DSI, i think you can get old versions of it free, otherwise you have to pay for a license, but seriously its WAY better than the nonsense you get from Meade. My most successful images have come from using Nebulosity, and if you follow the tutorials on processing (on the stark-labs website) really do show the power of the app.

Archived