NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crayford low profile focuser

BUT you can always shim the base up a little. the only problem is that the base will press down on the tube if you don't raise it slightly. anything will do really but some strip aluminium painted black and cut to size would look good.

see post #2 here http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/115026-ongoing-mods-my-orion-optics-uk-6-f11-planetary-dobsonian.html which will illustrate the point. this is a 6" mirror tube and a focuser designed for 9"+ it's the revelation one from Telescope House (or very similar) - costs about £90 new.

Well i think it will work as the focuser now has a 2" - 1.25" fitting in so i don`t think i will need to file anything.

So im going to give it a go tommorrow and i will post some pics as i go along as i believe by packing the focuser it will fit or i will make it fit lol.

Well i think it will work as the focuser now has a 2" - 1.25" fitting in so i don`t think i will need to file anything.

So im going to give it a go tommorrow and i will post some pics as i go along as i believe by packing the focuser it will fit or i will make it fit lol.

Sounds like the scope already has a 2" focuser on it then - that should help things a lot :)

Let us know how the conversion goes :mad:

Good news its on!!! well as a dry fit it is :)

After 45mins of measuring and working out i drilled the four new holes in the tube and with 4 x 9mm packings the focuser fits well and after a collamination test all was well.

So when i finish the install properly and tidy it up some more i will post up some pics.

Archived