Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I feel the need - The need for...stuff

bombassa

A second hand 6 mm Radian popped up on a national buy and sell site for aprox. £80.

I have never looked through a TeleVue eyepiece so I don't know what I'm missing, but yet I felt this strange need.

Do you have a technical term for this?

Sadly I'm a poor man (like so many others these days) so I'll pass.

And bear in mind, as well as the price hikes that are Imminent in the retail arena, there is also the VAT rise in January. Second hand quality items are sure to be in bigger demand when that joyous occasion comes. Lets hope the Second Hand Market doesn't inherit a similar rise in prices :):eek:.

Ron.

Unfortunately Ron it probably will as those selling the second hand gear will feel like they are losing out on a little bit now that there item they are selling is worth that little bit more new.

Anything of value or collectability will always go up in price accordingly to the value of it new or the rarity of the item.

I have my Equinox 120 up for sale at the moment and say the price of it new went from £1249 to £1400 then I have two choices, one make mine more desirable and leave it at the lower price or two, cash in on that price increase knowing that mine is still a good deal compared with a new one.

The trouble is when your upgrading and these increases happen people will probably choose the latter to help cover the increase of the item they want to upgrade to.

Now, a Radian at £80 is an investment that should technically never lose you money, and give you a wonderful view to boot.

Archived