Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Extremly bright Meteor Last Night 16/11

Just out of intrest

I know we are heading into the Leonid's shower in the next couple of days,

Anybody see the extremely bright meteor last night (16/11/06) at about 19:50, brightest one i have ever seen, almost fireball level. It was around the Auriga area ?

Gordon

Just out of intrest

Anybody see the extremely bright meteor last night (16/11/06) at about 19:50, brightest one i have ever seen, almost fireball level. It was around the Auriga area ?

Gordon

Prove it!!! :D

Just out of intrest

Gordon

You realize, of course, that meteors occur fairly close to the earth, so anyone seeing it at any distance would see it in a different location in the sky from where you saw it, and at a couple hundred miles wouldn't see it at all? If the tail of your fireball was pointing towards Leo, it was probably a Leonid.

I saw a cracker this morning at about 4:30. Was in the opposite side to Orion (still a newbie :D). I was actually looking in roughly the direction of Orion and saw a flash, turned round and saw a bright trail (think it was green) that lasted for about 10-15 seconds. All in all I had a good hour and a half observing session this morning and managed to capture my first photo of Saturn (Now in my profile to the left) :D :D :D

Archived