Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bargain or mug??

tko1502

Well my caring other half bought me some binos today off the cr boot! To add to my new collection!! They are old ones there PRINZ - prinzlux!!! But iv come to use them on this clear night and I'm seeing double!!! No matter how much a focus it or anything when ever I look slightly right to what I'm looking at I see another one but a little more blurry!!! Could this be the mirrors on the inside? If so is it easy to correct?? Or have I been bought a duff pair of bins???

Sounds like they need the prisms re-setting which is only really a job for someone who knows what they are doing or is good with mechanical / optical things.

If you fit the bill there are plenty of pages on the web to guide you.

I would think the Prinz's are from the 70's or early 80's and I seem to remember they were distributed by Dixons ?

They have probably been dropped. If the optics are clear (shine a torch through the eyepiece and look at the objective end to check) they may be worth sorting out but I would not pay for the work to be done. They are worth about £5 - £10 in good order.

Someone on the forum near you may be good enough to have a look at them if you don't fancy it yourself.

Paul

If you want some great but cheap binocs - keep your eye on Lidl supermarkets. Periodically they have the Rockwell Binocs on offer for around £13 - a cracking bargain so long as you check they are collimated properly (the standard varies) . I understand they are rebadged Bressers and certainly look the same. Well pleased with mine :D

Ok so it looks like the guy saw the missis coming from a mile off but not with these binos, as iv just stripped them down and found it's the right lens the small one to be exact that's cracked and chipped!!! Very unhappy now!!!

Archived