Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Seeing?

Mr George

Absolutely dreadful seeing here last night...I thought there was something wrong with my gear to begin with.

It was the worst seeing I've experienced...Jupiter through the 12 inch dob at x117 was like peering through fast moving water!

I spent the entire night shooting M33 and suspect that I'll be chucking the data away!

Tonight is steady as a rock though, although nowhere near as transparent, but it won't be an all nighter as I managed to catch a chill last night!

Cheers

Rob

Even last night was the same...clear sky on the face of it but poor seeing conditions. Despite no cloud, I couldn't detect half the stuff I normally see with the naked eye. Got the scope out, tried Jupiter - not bad, but nowhere near as good as usual. M31 and other big targets fared no better. Maybe it was just very light mist higher up? Shame really as it's not quite that cold yet. You know what I mean, gloves and bovril weather?

Archived