Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I need some help....pls...

Hi,

I am totally new in astronomy though i have lots of interests about it from long ago. well, though i have own celestron skymaster 15x70 binoculars, and it seemed really good to me. but as it is too big and heavy i would like to buy another pair of bino as i can carry it with me all the time. coz sometimes i finish my work late at night and wait for bus for long time, and i would like to watch moon and stars to spend time.

so, i have these questions, someone pls tell me that

1. how good is ADMIRAL 10 X 50 BINOCULARS for astronomy coz i found it in ebay for £18.

2. how good is Halina Discovery 8x40 Wide Angle Binoculars for astronomy, can i see the moons of jupiter with this power? coz i like to watch the moons of jupiter. coz these seemed bit smaller to me and can carry it easily.

what else can i see pretty much clearly with 8x40 binoculars?

thanks.

i cant spend more than £20 for binoculars. so if anyone has any information of more or less good binoculars in this price then it would be a big help for me.

anyone please help me with these question?

thank you very much.

It's worth keeping an eye on the likes of lidl and aldi, they often have this sort of thing. I got a pair of Bresser (Meade I think) 10x50's for silly money, and they are a good pair. These I think :

Meade 10x50 Binocular Special Offer

I can't comment on the specifics of the Admiral bins however. They 'look' ok, but that doesn't mean much on ebay..

I would expect, you could see the moons of jupiter at 8x40, although not having any I can't confirm that. You can clearly see them at 10x50.

It would be a good idea to get a tripod for the 15x70's. You can get a cheap one second for a few quid from ebay, sunday market, camera shop, etc.

I don't know about Admiral binocs but Liddl have a sale occasionally of Rockwell binocs - only £13.99, very light, and highly useable for the night sky :(

@jgs.... thank you so much for your quick reply..your advice will help me a lot.

@brantuk.. thank you for your tips. as i am a photographer i have a tripod and i use it for astronomy too. and yes of course i will keep my eyes on lidl and aldi.

thanks both of you.

It would be a good idea to get a tripod for the 15x70's. You can get a cheap one second for a few quid from ebay, sunday market, camera shop, etc.

I don't know about Admiral binocs but Liddl have a sale occasionally of Rockwell binocs - only £13.99, very light, and highly useable for the night sky :(

this would seem more cost effective plus u get to keep view in the awesome binocs. :(

Archived