Astro Storage

rawhead

Whilst this looks to be a good offer, I would have some concerns.

1) There are lot of relatively shallow draws, are these going to be deep enough?

2) It's metal = possible big problem with dew if used outside?

2) It's big and metal. How noisy and how heavy is this going to be?

I reckon you can't beat those sets of plastic storage drawers that you get from the likes of Wilkinsons: Storage Unit 4 Drawer | Drawer Units | | Plastic Storage from Wilkinson Plus

Cheap, lightweight and sufficiently robust - I've got a couple of these (one has 3 deeper drawers than the one in the link above) for all my bits and bobs - just stick some foam into the drawers where your more delicate stuff is to be stored.

I reckon you can't beat those sets of plastic storage drawers that you get from the likes of Wilkinsons: Storage Unit 4 Drawer | Drawer Units | | Plastic Storage from Wilkinson Plus

Cheap, lightweight and sufficiently robust - I've got a couple of these (one has 3 deeper drawers than the one in the link above) for all my bits and bobs - just stick some foam into the drawers where your more delicate stuff is to be stored.

Yeah I have one of those and they do the job admirably.

Wilkinson's it is :o

Thanks for the feedback...

Cheers

What I also got from Wilko (great shop) was a couple of straps with spring loaded grips, the kind normally used to tie stuff to a roof rack, to wrap round the storage boxes, one at right angles to the other. These provide a carrying handle and also stop the drawers falling open when I'm lugging them out into the garden.

Archived